Wednesday 26 December 2012

Book Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by: Michelle Hodkin

My Rating: ★★★★
Date Published: September 27th, 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 452
Do I own it?: Yes

Synopsis:

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.

She’s wrong.



Review:

Honestly, I don't think there was anything wrong with this book. I loved every single aspect of the plot, and the characters. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, was truly a masterpiece. The entire book kept me on edge. I wish I could go to the bookstore right now and buy the second one. I don't know why I waited so long to buy this book.

I thought that the plot was really complex, and worked together, and I honestly didn't see anything coming. Especially a certain thing that Noah is able to do. Not only is the cover art beautiful, but so was the writing. That was one of the things that I enjoyed the most about this book. The writing was hauntingly beautiful. This book kept me up till 1 am yesterday, because I couldn't stop reading it.

The characters were amazing. Jude creeped me out, I loved Mara and Noah, Daniel was just adorable, and so was Joseph. Jamie was pretty amazing too. I wanted to punch Anna throughout most of the book though. Claire made me angry too. I really liked the fact that Mara's mom and dad were so caring, and cared a log about her. I also really enjoyed how the book started. The prologue reeled me in right away.

The romance in the book was PERFECT. Some authors push the romance too early in the book, and make they're characters kiss waaaay too much, but in The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, they didn't kiss as much, and didn't even have sex, which was really good. And they also didn't like each other right away.

There is nothing negative to say about this book. Bravo Michelle Hodkin! That WA a fantastic story. Can't wait to buy the second one.

No comments:

Post a Comment