Saturday 24 November 2012

Book Review: What's Left of Me by: Kat Zhang

My Rating: ★★★★★
Date Published
:September 18th, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 343
Do I own it?: Yes



Synopsis: 
I should not exist. But I do.

Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t . . .

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet . . . for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.



Review:

I finished this in one day guys... What's Left of Me was SO good, that I couldn't put it down. This book has been sitting under my TBR pile for such a long time. I wanted to read it, but I wasn't THAT interested in it, you know? I got this book as an ARC off of Goodreads, and I was going to wait before I read it, because I had other books that I wanted to read before this one. Well, let me tell you right now that when I was halfway through this book, I had so many feels, that I wanted to just cry.



I cannot express how much I loved this book. It was actually one of the most interesting Dystopian books I've read so far. I thought that the idea was really original (although it does remind me a lot of The Host). The characters were so well put together, especially the ones that are Hybrids, because I think of them as two different people. For example, I like Ryan A LOT better than I liked Devon, and I found him more attractive than Devon, even if they look exactly the same. I actually didn't like Hally at first because I found her incredibly annoying. But she grows on you!
The adults in the facility made me so angry, that I wanted to reach into the book, and punch them out. That's how angry I was at times!

I'm so happy that I won this book on Goodreads, because it was excellent. Thank GOD this book didn't end on a cliffhanger. I would've died if it did, because the next book comes out August 29th, 2013.. CAN'T WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment