Saturday 21 July 2012

Book Review: The Knife of Never Letting Go by: Patrick Ness

My Rating: ★★★★★
Date Published:
July 14th, 2009
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 479
Do I own it?: Yes


Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads)
Todd Hewitt is the only boy in a town of men. Ever since the settlers were infected with the Noise germ, Todd can hear everything the men think, and they hear everything he thinks. Todd is just a month away from becoming a man, but in the midst of the cacophony, he knows that the town is hiding something from him -- something so awful Todd is forced to flee with only his dog, whose simple, loyal voice he hears too. With hostile men from the town in pursuit, the two stumble upon a strange and eerily silent creature: a girl. Who is she? Why wasn't she killed by the germ like all the females on New World? Propelled by Todd's gritty narration, readers are in for a white-knuckle journey in which a boy on the cusp of manhood must unlearn everything he knows in order to figure out who he truly is.

Review:
This book, was just action after action after action. From the first chapter something interesting happened. Throughout this whole book, the story kept me interested, and kept me reading. This was a fantastic book. Patrick Ness executed the story wonderfully. The writing style in the book is so different from other books. Some people may not like it, but I think that that's what made this book so different and special. The characters are so amazing. It's so hard to find the right words to describe how much I loved this book. There were several antagonists in the story, but one in particular made me angry everytime he came into the story. Aaron. He would not die. He needed to die. He was the worst character I have ever encountered in a book, but that's exactly what makes a good antagonist. The protagonist, Todd and Viola, were great. They were there for each other throughout the whole story. They never gave up, and they had hope. My favourite character was Manchee (obviously). This book had me laughing, crying, and cringing at different parts. My emotions were on a rollercoaster throughout the entire book. This was such an amazing book.I cannot wait to see what Patrick Ness has written in his next book, The Ask and the Answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment