Sunday 29 July 2012

Book Review: So Close to You by: Rachel Carter

My Rating: ★★★★ 
Date Published: July 12th, 2012
Publisher: Harper Teen
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 313
Do I own it?: Yes









Synopsis:
Lydia Bentley has heard stories about the Montauk Project all her life: stories about the strange things that took place at the abandoned military base near her home and the people who've disappeared over the years. Stories about people like her own great-grandfather.

When Lydia stumbles into a portal that transports her to a dangerous and strange new reality, she discovers that all the stories she's ever heard about the Montauk Project are true, and that she's in the middle of one of the most dangerous experiments in history.

Alongside a darkly mysterious boy she is wary to trust, Lydia begins to unravel the secrets surrounding the Project. But the truths behind these secrets force her to question all her choices--and if Lydia chooses wrong, she might not save her family but destroy them . . . and herself.


Review:
I received this book as an ARC from my local public library.

OH MY GOD. Why did this book have to end with this cliffhanger? I have to wait a year, maybe two until the next book comes out. This novel had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was romantic, suspenseful, and compelling. I finished this book in two days. I felt as though I was watching a movie. Everything was so clear and vivid. The characters were lovely, relatable, and fun. The main character Lydia was willful and strong. She wasn't one of those weak characters that rely on other people to save her. She did things her way. From the first chapter the plot was moving very fast. There wasn't a part in the story where I felt that I had to put the book down. Even after I finished the book, I wanted to continue reading. I felt as though I knew the characters very well. Like they were my close friends for years. This book really surprised me. I did not expect that there would be time travel, and it was such a nice surprise! We are so caught up in books with vampires, werewolfs, fairies, and witches. Especially Dystopian genres, and so it is refreshing, again, to read a book with a fresh idea. Rachel Carter has truly written a masterpiece, and I cannot wait to find out what lies in store for the characters in the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment