Monday 27 August 2012

Book Review: Bloodrose by: Andrea Cremer

My Rating: ★★★
Date Published: January 3rd, 2012
Publisher: Philomel
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 406
Do I own it?: Yes


Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads)

Calla has always welcomed war.

But now that the final battle is upon her, there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping Ansel safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers' magic once and for all. And then there's deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.



Review: *****MAJOR SPOILERS*****


What.the.hell.

No. Just no.


That was probably the worst way to end a trilogy. I can't believe that Andrea Cremer even wrote that. What was she thinking? I loved both Shay and Ren. I cannot believe that she killed Ren off like that. It broke my heart into a million pieces. AND THEN Anika tells Shay that he has to seal the rift, and that it will return every guardian to their natural form (wolf) WHAT? IM SORRY, BUT NO. WHAT THE HELL??? And then Sabine goes and gives her wolf self to Ansel (okay that was expected and alright) but still...Why couldn't Andrea just leave the characters alone to be happy! Leave them the ability to shift! I am so angry. I don't think I will ever get over this ending.

Apart from that, the book wasn't all bad. The ending was the only terrible part, and it cost the book 2 stars. I liked all the action throughout the book. It kept it interesting and engaging. I loved how Ethan and Sabine were together, and also how Connor and Adne admitted that they are in love with each other. The action was good, but I feel like when they lost Silas, the whole book just went downhill from there. I realllyyyyy enjoyed this series, but the last book could have been a lot better. I am happy to find that there is another book out, a prequel to Nightshade called Rift. I guess i'm buying that next!

No comments:

Post a Comment