Tuesday 14 August 2012

Book Review: Hush Hush by: Becca Fitzpatrick

My Rating: ★★★★★
Date Published: October 13th, 2009
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 391
Do I own it?: Yes!



Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads)

A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE



Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.


But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.


Review:

The question that was going through my mind the entire time I was reading this book, was why didn't I pick it up earlier? Hush Hush has received a lot of hate on Goodreads, and I can understand why. The only negative thing I have to say about this novel, is that the plot was sometimes confusing, and there were too many villains. One is enough Becca! Other than that, it was fantastic.

It was the book that I have been craving to read. The male lead was sexy, dark and mysterious (you know, the kind of guys you DON'T find in real life). Although the plot wasn't all that clear sometimes, Becca Fitzpatrick sure knows how to build up sexual tension! The idea of this book was really exciting because it's the kind of books that I like! I enjoyed this book so much, that about 3/4 through the book, I put it down (reluctantly) and took the bus to go buy the second and third book. I didn't think I could wait to get the sequel. The atmosphere for the novel was almost always dark and had a mysterious edge. To me, Hush Hush bordered Paranormal romance and mystery. There was some sleuthing!
Even though the topic on Angels is overrated and over done, I really enjoyed this book, and it probably is one of my favourite angel series.
I would love to rave about this book for a long time, but I want to go start the second one!

No comments:

Post a Comment