Friday 10 August 2012

Book Review: Nightshade by: Andrea Cremer

My Rating: ★★★★★
Date Published: October 19th, 2010
Publisher: Philomel Books
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 454
Do I own it?: No (on my to-buy list!)


Synopsis: (taken from Goodreads)

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: 

After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?



Review: *****SPOILER ALERT*****

Fantastic! Nightshade was amazing! There are so many things I need to say about this book. There are a couple of things that I didn't like about this book too. I'll start with the negative. First of all, the romance with Shay progressed way too fast. They barely knew each other. The first time they hung out, Shay told Calla that he would never let anything happen to her even though he barely knew her. This made me angry because it just progressed way too fast. Second, the sacrifice. I knew from the moment her mother wouldn't tell her what it was, that it was going to be Shay. It was way too predictable. I was a little bit disappointed that it turned out to be so predictable. The last thing that bothered me has absolutely nothing to do with the story. I don't like how the cover of Nightshade doesn't match with the covers of Wolfsbane and Bloodrose. I already bought Wolfsbane (yay!) and I love the cover, but I just wished that Nightshade would match:(

Now on to the things that I like about the story. I love that Calla was bad-ass. Nothing for me is better in a book than having an awesome strong female lead. The action in Nightshade was also just amazing. But the thing that was probably the best in this book, was how the author, Andrea Cremer, managed to make me love both Shay and Ren. I could not figure out who I wanted Calla to be with because I loved both of them. Especially near the end when Ren said goodbye to Calla, I was about to cry. It was just so sad. I really do hope that we get to see more of the pack and Ren in the next books to come. The last thing that I am going to rave about this book, is that whenever I was about to put the book down, some amazing scene would come up and suck me back into the book. It made it incredibly hard for me to put the book down! I think I should start Wolfsbane now, because I was not very keen of the ending of Nightshade.

No comments:

Post a Comment