Wednesday 8 August 2012

Book Review: The Golden Lily by: Richelle Mead

My Rating: ★★★★★
Date Published: June 12th, 2012
Publisher: Penguin Books
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 418
Do I own it?: Yes. 


Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads)
The second thrilling installment in Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy spinoff series

Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.


Review:

I don't think that I will ever recover from that ending! This book was so amazing. When I thought that Bloodlines couldn't compare to Vampire Academy, The Golden Lily really can. There were so many surprises in this book. A lot of plot twists, and things you didn't expect, although for me, there were a few things that I found predictable. Overall, the story line was perfectly executed. The only thing is that I didn't find that there was much progress with the whole "alchemist free'ing" thing. I think that all the Bloodlines fans would agree with me that they want Sydney to be free of the Alchemists, and be with Adrian. I hop to see some improvement in the next book. I also want to see a wedding for Rose and Dimitri! Or a scene where they are both in the same room. I will not be satisfied until something is done!

The characters were great of course, but I did not like Brayden. He was a useless character this entire book! I kept hoping that he would go away, and he finally did by the end of the book. I just hope that he does not come back in the third book.

It's safe to say that this book got my approval. It was fantastic of course, and I cannot wait to see what's in store for our heroine in the next book; The Indigo Spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment